“Are you implying that I am unhinged?”*
But they are never exactly the same.
It is a good idea to embrace that thought and to make note of the differences. To notice.
For instance, I saw these beauties while going to a meeting on my flyover campus.
And I watched Murder Ahoy (1964) starring the wonderful Dame Margaret Rutherford as Miss Marple.
She is just the best, isn’t she?
All this examining of my day got me thinking about the consciousness examen prayer “technique” which is a simple prayer that can “deepen our awareness of the presence of God and aid our spiritual growth as His disciples.”
1. Feel the stillness in the darkness and try to find God’s presence in it.
2. Gratefully review the events of the day–the good, the bad, and the ugly.
3. What emotions bubble up as you do this? Pay attention to them.
4. Pick out one event from your day and pray from it.
5. When you are finished praying, close silently with a few minute’s rest in God’s presence.
(Read more here.)
I would have to get a lot more disciplined to do this on a regular basis, but it’s not a bad idea. In the meantime, at least I’ll try to pay attention.
*Miss Marple–definitely not unhinged.