The sun comes up
It’s a new day dawning
It’s time to sing Your song again
Whatever may pass
And whatever lies before me
Let me be singing
When the evening comes
As you know, I listen to Christian radio in the morning as I drive to work. (Stop rolling your eyes). It keeps me focused and positive, especially during this freakazoid election cycle.
Anyway, listening to Matt Redman’s song “10,00 Reasons,” based on Psalm 103, reminded me of how important it is to remember all the reasons to praise the Lord. It may not always seem like there are 10,000 (or even 10) reasons to praise the Lord, but there are.
You might want to make a list. Here is a start: 1. Frederick Buechner turned 90 in July!
2. You have a thousand books on your shelves at home to read.
3. You could barbeque tonight if you so desired.
4. There are still people in the world who make exquisite things like this.
5. GIFs like this make me laugh:
6. Good things are coming.
7. The geraniums are still going strong.
8. The Bible is online and you can look up scripture at will and in your choice of translation.
Over the weekend (another blessing) I’ll be working on my list. How about you?
Bless the Lord oh my soul
Oh my soul
Worship His Holy name
Sing like never before
Oh my soul
I’ll worship Your Holy name
Have a good weekend!
(The painting at the top is by Karen Mathison Schmidt via Pinterest.)